How is an application made?
An application must be made by a social agency on behalf of the client.
Contact the PDAGW Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact page.
The agent will be sent an application form (in Microsoft Word format), which they will complete and return on behalf of the client.
What criteria must be satisfied?
- The client must live in the Plymouth area.
- The client has not received a previous grant from the charity in the last 12 months.
- The client is a single parent (or carer) of the child(ren), or is a single female.
- The social agency has evidence of the client’s entitlement to one of the following: Universal Credit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit.
- The client has permanent legal residency in the UK or has lived in the UK for at least six months.
Who knows about the application?
Only the 3 officers of the PDAGW know the personal details of each application, but the committee members are told the circumstances so that they can decide the outcome.
Are all applications successful?
- Help from the PDAGW is discretionary and subject to available funding.
- The PDAGW retains the right to decline an application, particularly where a family has a significant level of capital or household income.
- We are unable to help children and young people in local authority care, including those living with foster carers.
- Where a statutory agency has a responsibility to pay for the item needed, the PDAGW cannot help.
Are any conditions placed on successful applications?
- If a cheque is used for payment, it will be essential to supply the secretary with copies of receipts for all items purchased. Failure to do so might jeopardise the success of further applications by the agency.
- For carpet, the charity’s maximum contribution has been set at £150 and an application for carpet can only be considered when accompanied by a detailed quote.
- If the allocated money is not used within 3 months after notification, then the grant will be cancelled and a new application will have to be made.
For furniture & white goods, we recommend that you contact: